Family plays an important role in the lives of our faculty, staff and students. Pitt offers many resources for care throughout all stages of life: from a healthy pregnancy to caring for an aging parent.
Pregnancy and Healthy Child
- Fertility Assistance: UPMC Health Plan will cover medically necessary services, as set forth in the Certificate of Coverage, related to the diagnosis and treatment of infertility in accordance with UPMC Health Plan policies and procedures. Please refer to the Certificate of Coverage for more information.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Coverage: The UPMC medical benefit plans cover all eligible members under the age of 21 for the diagnostic assessment and treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders. Please refer to the Autism Spectrum Disorders Certificate of Coverage to review the covered services, definitions, and procedures.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be used for pregnancy, prenatal care, childbirth, care for one's child after birth, adoption or foster care placement along with other medical needs.
- University Child Development Center is a University-operated facility meeting the childcare and early childhood education needs of the children belonging to staff, faculty and students.
- Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account can be used to reimburse expenses for a child or other dependent who requires care while you work or go to school full-time.
- Falk School is a laboratory school of the University's School of Education, educating K-8 students in a diverse and community-oriented learning environment.
Spouses & Domestic Partners
- Dual Career Assistance is a program that can help trailing spouses and domestic partners of newly-hired faculty and staff to find work in the Pittsburgh region.
- Domestic Partner Benefits are available to couples that meet the criteria to be considered such.
Caring for an Older Adult
- Long Term Care Benefit is an employee-paid benefit available to faculty and staff and their family members when someone needs assistance with daily activities.
- Pennsylvania Link to Community Care connects older Pennsylvanians and individuals with a disability or behavioral health need to services and supports available in their community.
International Family Resources
- Office of International Services assists international students, faculty and staff with everything from visa issues to tax forms to drivers' licenses.