You should begin to review your TIAA-CREF and/or Vanguard retirement accounts three to six months prior to retirement. Licensed financial counselors from TIAA-CREF and Vanguard are available for one-on-one appointments to review your accounts and discuss potential investment and distribution strategies.
TIAA-CREF One-on-One Sessions
To schedule an appointment visit TIAA-CREF's online Meeting and One on One Counseling facility at www.tiaa-cref.org/moc or call toll free at 1-877-209-3136 or direct at 412-803-3653.
These individual appointments are a good setting for discussing these and other topics:
- Retirement Income Options
- Your current retirement plans
- Tailoring investments to reach your goals
- Strategies for combating inflation and taxes
- Mutual funds and expanded IRA options
Vanguard One-on-One Sessions
Spend 45 minutes with a licensed Vanguard representative discussing the financial planning issues that matter most to you. To schedule an appointment, call Vanguard at 1-800-662-0106 x 14500 or schedule your appointment online at www.meetvanguard.com.
Learn more about:
- Retirement income options
- Investing in a mix of stocks, bonds, and cash investments
- Choosing mutual funds for your savings
- Saving for retirement
- Online financial planning tools
- Market volatility and your investments
- Resources for brokerage services, fund advice, etc.