The Supervisor Foundation Skills (SFS) Program provides every supervisor the skills needed to successfully manage their staff. Topics include communicating effectively, coaching, delegating, and managing performance. Supervisors complete the courses at their own pace in a designated time period, practice the skills learned, and then share the application of the skills with colleagues from across campus in a classroom setting. This program is applicable for both those new to supervision and who have supervised for some time. Supervisors who complete the 10-week program earn a certificate of completion.
- Open to supervisors who oversee a minimum of one University of Pittsburgh staff employee
- Build competence and confidence to effectively interact and manage direct reports
- Prepare supervisors to have effective conversations with staff on their performance, both positive and developmental.
- Practice and apply skills and concepts learned through online and onsite training sessions.
- Three programs offered every year: Fall (Oct-Dec), early Spring (Feb-Apr), late Spring (Apr-Jun). Each cohort is capped at 20, so register early to ensure a place in your preferred program.
- Participants must be nominated by their manager to participate
- Participants must attend all onsite sessions and have completed application pieces prior to each scheduled session
Spring registration is open! Program kicks off on March 31st. Deadline to apply is March 17, 2017.
Note: The SFS program can be run for supervisors with intact departments. Contact Maureen Lazar at 412-624-8051 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this option.