How to Change Your Contribution Amount Online
Congratulations for taking an active role in your University of Pittsburgh Retirement Savings Plan account.
To log in to your account at TIAA, simply follow the steps below:
- Visit my.pitt.edu.
- Log in using your Pitt username and password.
- Click the My Resources tab; then select Human Resources under the drop-down menu.
- Click on Retirement Savings Plan Access.
To change your contribution amount, simply follow these steps:
1. Click on the Manage Elections button.
Note: You can stop your contributions at any time by clicking on the Stop voluntary contributions button. However, if you do that, University of Pittsburgh employer matching contributions will stop as well.
2. You can enter in a percentage of each paycheck you want to contribute or select the maximum amount allowed under IRS regulations. Your maximum annual contribution is shown in the right column. The effective date will default to today’s date. If you do not change the effective date, the change will occur the first of the following month. Click the payroll schedules link to better understand when you will see the change reflected in your pay, future-dated effective dates, or if you are on a biweekly pay schedule.
3. If you would like to make a change to the tax status of your retirement contribution, click the Split this amount between Pre-Tax, Roth and After-Tax link. Enter the percentage of your pay into your elected tax status options. Click Continue when ready.
Note: If you are eligible for the Accelerated Benefit Option, you will have the option to click on the Select the Accelerated Benefit box. If you are not yet eligible for this Option, you will not see this box.
4. Preview how your contributions will be split between the available University of Pittsburgh plans, as well as pre-tax and Roth. You can also review the Employer Match percentage, if you are eligible. Click on Confirm Elections when you are ready.
5. Once you read and accept the Terms & Conditions, a confirmation page summarizes your transaction and indicates that it has been submitted. Please print this page and retain for your records.
Have questions? TIAA is here to help.
If you need assistance changing your contribution rate, call 800 682-9139, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (ET).